Click below to view the members of the different Commissions, as well as the Controllers and the Administrators of FIFe.
The Disciplinary Commission is composed of 5 members and is responsible for reviewing disciplinary matters and making recommendations in their regard to the Executive Board.
Health & Welfare Commission
The Health & Welfare Commission is composed of 3 members and is responsible for representing the FIFe on all matters concerning the health & welfare of the cat. It is concerned with gathering information on health & welfare of cats and distributing such information as requested by the Members. This Commission is responsible for liaising with the Judges & Standards Commission and the Show Commission on matters which relate to the health & welfare of cats.
Judges & Standards Commission
The Judges & Standards Commission is composed of 6 members. Each FIFe category is represented by at least 2 members who are International Judges qualified in that category. This commission is responsible for:
- studying the admission of new breeds
- establishing standards applicable to such new breeds
- modifying the standards of recognised breeds
- maintaining the Rules for Judges and Student Judges
- administering a training programme for Student Judges
- the further education of existing Judges
Breeding & Registration Commission
The Breeding & Registration Commission is composed of 3 members, all of whom have kept a pedigree register in their own organisation for a period of at least three years and have been breeding for at least three years. The commission is responsible for maintaining the registration rules and standardising the regulations relating to records of origin in conformity with the standards and rules presently in place.
The Show Commission is composed of 5 members and is responsible for the concept of shows and the modifications necessary to ensure efficient organisation of such shows and the correct application of show rules.
Public Relations Commission
The Commission for Public Relations shall be responsible for:
- developing a communication strategy to promote FIFe worldwide as a leading organization in the cat fancy
- supporting the Executive Board and the other Commissions of FIFe in their external communication and writing/editing texts
- maintaining press contacts
- developing and managing FIFe’s communication tools, such as website, leaflets, communication magazines and newsletters
- the development and management of social media channels
- developing and providing presentations / marketing material for the promotion of FIFe
- supporting FIFe Members in their national communication policy.
Two Controllers and two Assistants are appointed by the General Assembly for a period of three years to control the accounts and the Balance Sheet of the FIFe and subsequently prepare a report on their findings for the General Assembly. They may not be members of any other official body of the FIFe. The Controllers have the right to inspect the books and other documents kept by the FIFe Treasurer at any time.
Mr. Jürg Keller-Friškovec
Mrs. Marie-France Pohl
Mr. George Dorgiakis
Mr. Timo Kanniainen
The FIFe Board has appointed the following functionaries to assist the General Secretary in specific aspects of his work.